Thursday, July 14, 2011

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I find you very interesting, and I would like to talk more. Would you like to come to my hotel room for coffee?“= "makes me uncomfortable when men sexualize me in that manner"?

Quote 1
Don’t take this the wrong way, but I find you very interesting, and I would like to talk more. Would you like to come to my hotel room for coffee?
Quote 2
I was a single women in a foreign country in a hotel elevator with you, just you, and I—don’t invite me back to your hotel room right after I finish talking about how it creeps me out and makes me uncomfortable when men sexualize me in that manner.
I have a hard time putting these 2 facts together and having it make sense. Is the mere act of asking a woman for coffee sexualizing her or does it need to be asked in a confined space?

This reminds me of a scene I saw in The Big Bang Theory

Penny and Stuart are home from the gallery, mainly because Captain Sweatpants showed up and touched all the cheese. Penny invites him in for coffee, but Stuart thinks it's a little late for coffee. ("Oh, you think "coffee" means coffee. That's so sweet.") She covers by saying she has decaf.

 I honestly believe that many guys would think coffee means coffee, I would think coffee is coffee, but maybe I'm just a creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment